Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Digital Books Part 2

A couple of years ago, I wrote a blog on digital books or, as they're more commonly called, ebooks. I still prefer an actual book! You would think that I would have an ereader and use it regularly but I don't. My mother got a Kindle Fire and primarily only uses it to play games. On occasion I will read one of the digital books that came with my smart phone. That doesn't last long because it is hard on my eyes. Maybe that's another reason I prefer an actual book to an ebook. I will admit that most ereaders are easier on the eyes than your typical computer screen but it's still a digital screen. Does that make sense? Another possible reason for me not liking ebooks is that I'm not a tech savvy person. The last game system I owned was the original Nintendo when I was about 10 or so. I play some games on the computer but you couldn't refer to me as a gamer. Unlike my niece, I was not born during a time when technology was already a commonplace thing. When I got my smart phone, my 14 year old niece had to show me some of the features. Actually, my phone is still smarter than I am. (-; To sum it up, I'm resistant to change. Maybe if I play with my mom's Kindle Fire and become more familiar with it, I'll soften my view on ebooks. I'm not going to hold my breath.

No comments: