Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Double Stuf Oreos

Whomever came up with the idea of putting twice the amount of filling in an Oreo must be a saint. I was never a big fan of Oreos...I didn't hate them but I wasn't over the moon for them. My eldest brother was the one who just LOVED Oreos. So how did I end up loving Double Stuf Oreos? I had recently gotten into Oreos as an alternative to some of the cookies my mom usually picks up from the grocery store. During one shopping trip my mom picked up the Double Stuf cookies instead of the regular ones. I just thought "whatever" and thought that if I didn't like them, I could give them to my dad to eat. Yeah, that didn't happen! The sensation of biting into a Double Stuf is very different than a regular Oreo. A regular Oreo is more crunchy...not too much there to soften the cookie itself. The Double Stuf still has a crunchy cookie but that is almost overshadowed by the softness of the extra filling. The extra frosting, or whatever you call it, squeezed out the sides like a marshmallow squeezes out of a s'more. I can't get enough of them!

No comments: