Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow




Don't you just love freshly fallen snow? We don't have any right now but it is starting to flurry. The photo above was from the blizzard earlier this year. Anyhoo, I love waking up on a December morning, and wondering what I will see when I open my blinds. I feel like a little kid again when I see freshly fallen, untouched snow blanketing the ground. I kneel on my futon and stare at the snow and feel at peace. Except for driving on it (you know how Ohio drivers are when it snows!), it can make a person feel safe. I remember being a little kid and kneeling on the sofa with my brother (or both brothers), just looking out at the snow. We couldn't wait to get out and play in it. Of course, Mom made sure we were bundled up to the point of not being able to move before we could go out. Remember "moon boots"?! Those things were the hardest boots to get into, but they did keep your feet warm. What I'm trying to say is that, those of us who were fortunate enough to have the kind of childhood I had, want to feel that way again. Freshly fallen snow can have that effect on me, especially if it happens on Christmas Day!!

No comments: